Monday, April 9, 2018

Just Between Us


 A Friends to Lovers Romance


Witty. Sweet. Passionate. True.

Us.
My best friend and I have the cliché down to the wire. Grew up on the same block, took baths together, shared birthdays...but nothing could have prepared me for our life now.
One where I am in love with her. 
I fell in love with Lorraine Dawes a long time ago. When I was young and had no clue what it meant, or what I was feeling. But I am grown now, and I have aged with a secret I am afraid will tear us apart. Being the star football player doesn't change it, and the women throwing themselves at me sure don't. Lorraine became my person and I learned to live with my secret until she crafted a Virgin Manifesto on her blog for thousands of people to read. I imagined no one thought the same thing I did.
That I could have her innocence, but never her heart.
We do things best friends shouldn't. I think things no one should about their best friend. I do things that tear us apart and I am left fighting for a way to be together.
How can I ever tell her how much I love her?





No comments:

Post a Comment